Saturday, October 31, 2009

1 year anniversary

It has been 1 year ago this month that I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and I was sitting here with my coffee reflecting on this past year.

I have always used walking as my exercise, but this past year I have increased my miles, speed and actually enjoying the time to unwind.  I have managed to keep my blood sugar levels within the limits that it should be, changed my eating habits even more, that means my husband too!  I have gone thru the "why me" stage, anger and now, not really acceptance, but my goal is to not to have to take medication. 

I hope that those of you out there that have this disease, keep up the good fight, eat healthy, exercise and keep a positive attitude.

Since I have all this time to think this morning,husband and son have left for a week to go hunting, I have a list that is overwhelming.  I found my self prioritizing it several times.  The list is so overwhelming that I don't know where to start.  I said to my self, two less people this week, less laundry, less cooking, etc., nows the chance to get started. But where do I start?  Maybe in my craft room first!!!

Is any one else out there feeling overwhelmed?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment